Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.

Follow Up Appointment with Anna

Hi Anna, this is Vicki. I would like to have some time for a follow up with you about my saltwater fish situation.
Hi Vicki,

Welcome back. I'm sorry for the delay; I just now came online. How is the tank doing?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Supplier had us add another waveaker and pH balance. They are coming at 1:30pm tomorrow to check our tank. So far we have not lost coral or inverts. Keeping our fingers crossed.
I'm glad to hear the coral and inverts are doing well, Vicki. I do hope things will go well for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Their findings:
Your water parameter: ph 8.23, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate is 20 ,alkalinity 2.6 good, calcium is 400 ok 420 is best, XXXXX XXXXX iodine test at 0.06 good, and is testing out good from top to bottom. Your ph is stable now! Just add the eight four buffer once every 7 days can to add the pom pom and cardinal any time next week. Thank you!
Hi Vicki,

This all sounds like good news. I'm glad to hear the pH is stable now. Be sure to continue to monitor the ammonia and nitrites as cycling begins with the additions next week. If this were my tank, I'd want to cycle without fish. If you want to review, here are those links again:

you'll probably want to try other methods of cycling before getting more fish. Here are links where you can read more:

Thanks for keeping me posted. I hope all will go well.