Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

how can i become an expert on animal behavior and training

how can i become an expert on animal behavior and training?
Hi there! My name isXXXXX become a trainer you should find a reputable well established school that specializes in dog training and behavior. This isn't something that only takes a few weeks to learn so if they say they can teach you in a few weeks then pick a different school. So it would be best to google the closest schools in your area. There are board certified veterinary behaviorists that are veterinarians who then go into a residency for advanced training in behavior so they are kinda the top of the pyramid for behavior experts. But you can definitely became an expert as you become a trainer and get more and more experience in training and behavior. I hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i've already trained over 37 animals from cats to dogs, with excellent results, i volunteer my services to the elderly, disabled and sick. this way the pet can remain in the home. i've read and studied over 200 books, online classes and television training shows. what are my chances?
Hello there! I think you have a lot more experience then quite a few "trainers" i have encountered myself. I think your chances are extremely high and from the sounds of it you will be successful in no time. Reputation is everything when it comes to training and behavior experts so getting the word out once you have gotten your training certification is most important. I think