Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

can i apply advantage II for kittens to my 3 lbs. rabbit?

can i apply advantage II for kittens to my 3 lbs. rabbit? if not what do I give him for fleas?
Submitted: 4 years ago via Tenancy Agreement Service.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. John replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. Advantage has been shown to be safe to put on rabbits. The small kitten dose only. Advantage II has pyriproxyfen in it, which is an insect growth regulator. I don't know of any studies that have been done to test its safety on rabbits, but it is a very safe medication. I know of some clients who have used it on their rabbits with no issues as well. I know of some people who use Revolution on their rabbits as well with no issues. This will help to control skin mites better. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Hope this helps.