Ask TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO Your Own Qu...
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO, YOUR TROPICAL FISH RESOURCE
Experience:  OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE W/TROPICAL FISH---BREEDING, MAINTAINING, CURING
1568960

Hi there! My Goldfish has gone blood red around his gills

Hi there!

My Goldfish has gone blood red around his gills and underneath his head. He's also stopped eating, and has what appears to be tail rot (ragged and fluffy). How can I treat this? I am trying tonic salt, but it doesn't appear to be working.

Thanks!

Your Goldish is suffering from a bacterial disease called Hemorrhagic Septicemia which is essentially internal bleeding. The fish is also suffering from a disease called Fin Rot which is also bacterial in nature.

The way to treat this is:

1) Change all of the water in the fish's bowl.

2) Add a pinch of tonic salt as you have done.

3) Begin to treat with a medicine called Interpet Anti Internal Bacteria No9 which can be found at pet stores and online. Click on link below for a view of the medicine. Follow the directions on the product label for usage/dosage instructions.

4) Keep the fish isolated in the seperate bowl for 14 days whilst changing all of the water every 3 days whilst adding a pinch of salt.

5) During the 14 day quarantine feed the fish only a small pinch of food one a day.

Warm regards.

http://www.aquaticstoyourdoor.co.uk/Interpet-Anti-Internal-Bacteria-No-9.html

.