Ask TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO Your Own Qu...

TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO, YOUR TROPICAL FISH RESOURCE
Experience:  OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE W/TROPICAL FISH---BREEDING, MAINTAINING, CURING
1568960

whats the difference between goldfish eggs and frog eggs and

Customer Question

whats the difference between goldfish eggs and frog eggs and how many eggs does a gold fish lay? What month are they due to hatch? Are there male and female goldfish?
Category: Pet
Expert:  TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO replied 4 years ago.

Goldfish eggs tend to be a bit lighter in color than frog eggs and goldfish eggs are spread out whereas frog's eggs tend to be in clumps.

A female goldfish can expel anywhere from(NNN) NNN-NNNNeggs. There's no particular month that they hatch as goldfish tend to breed around Springtime when the water is starting to warm up after the cold Winter. Once the eggs are expelled they are then fertilized by a male and will hatch in about 2-3 days.

Yes there are definitely male and female goldfish.

Best wishes.

.

Edited by TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO on 9/2/2010 at 3:02 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what colour are they as i have eggs that have been laid but they seem to be black in colour and are on top of the water

If you're seeing black colored eggs they would not be goldfish eggs as

fertilized goldfish eggs are usually clear and the unfertilized ones are beige or white in color.

Also goldfish eggs do not float. They stick to wherever they land.

.