Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Previous Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

my dog is being sick but it poo

my dog is being sick but it poo
How old is your pet? male or female? Is your pet eating and drinking? Does the poo appear normal?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He is my next doors dog he is male, aged about 8, he is drinking water and wants to eat. The poo is sloppy but has firm bits in it
How long has he been vomiting? Is he vomiting up his food?Does he eat rawhides or bones?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

He started being sick about 3 hours ago and he is only bringing up poo not food and dont think he as bones or rawhide

What color is the vomit and why do you think it is poo he is vomiting?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The vomit is dark brown and smells and looks like poo
Your pet needs to see a veterinarian now, it sounds as if he may have an intestional blockage. This can be and is fatal if not treated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi when the dog was taken for a walk earlier he did have a poo it was only when he came back he started being sick.

If his vomit is dark and smells bad he needs to been seen ASAP unfortunatly if he has a blockage this can not wait. Has there appeared to be any swelling in the abdomal area