Jessica K., LVT
Jessica K., LVT, Certified Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Licensed Veterinary Technician since 2000, mom to 20 rescued cats and one human!
4591073

dog broke a toenail and is having trouble with balance, she

dog broke a toenail and is having trouble with balance, she seems a little lethargic
Category: Pet
Expert:  Jessica K., LVT replied 7 years ago.
Kathleen, I am a little concerned that she is lethargic. That wouldn't be something I would relate to a broken toenail. Is she eating and drinking? When you say she is having trouble with balance, can you explain a little more---does she have a head tilt or is she falling over? When you look at her eyes, do they seem to be moving back and forth rapidly or are they steady? Was she seen by the vet for the nail, and if so, what did they do to treat it, and when? Thanks for the info, I will try to help as best I can!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Eyes are steady

she is not eating like her normal self

she lost her balance 2 hours ago, but is resting now normally

she did eat 2 Aleve

When did she eat the Aleve? She may need veterinary care immediately. Link to Aleve toxicity (Narproxen):

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/naproxen-toxicity-in-dogs/page1.aspx

Do you have access to a emergency vet? I would call them immediately. She may be in trouble. You can also call Animal Poison Control at the following number (be aware, there is a charge for using this service)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
I hope she is OK. I am very concerned...let me know how you and she are doing. Reply anytime.