Ask TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO Your Own Qu...
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO, YOUR TROPICAL FISH RESOURCE
Experience:  OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE W/TROPICAL FISH---BREEDING, MAINTAINING, CURING
1568960

some of my fish have a white film over their eyes, as if a

Customer Question

some of my fish have a white film over their eyes, as if a cataract, how did they get it ? how do i cure it please
Category: Pet
Expert:  TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO replied 7 years ago.

The white film you are seeing over the fish's eyes is an indication of a bacterial infection brought on by unfavorable water conditions or the addition of an infected new fish.

The best way to treat this is to begin by changing 25% of the water in the tank.

After the water change add a product called Stress Coat to the water. The Stress Coat contains ingredients which aid in healing affected areas.

Once the above has been done begin to treat the fish with a medicine called Maracyn which is an excellent anti-bacterial medicine. It can be found at most major pet stores.

Just follow the directions on the product label for usage.

Best wishes!

.