ask_me, Pet care, breeding, training
Experience:  Well versed in all things canine! Knowledgeable in breeding, training and showing

Hello. I just lost a rabbit due to maggot infestation. I

Customer Question

Hello. I just lost a rabbit due to maggot infestation. I don't understand how it happened, because my rabbits are in a semi-enclosed large area (200 sq. ft), and I rarely see a fly, but there must have been some. How can this be prevented?
Category: Pet
Expert:  ask_me replied 7 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. While flies cannot be totally eliminated, there are steps one can take to prevent maggot infestation in the future. The first, is checking the rabbits daily for signs of these. A flea comb is helpful You can read more here: As for controlling flies in your environmnet, change their bedding frequently, remove items that may drawn flies (for instance, if a compost pile is nearby) and speak to an extermator about eco-friendly pesticides. More can be read here: Again, I'm sorry to hear that rabbit passed and hope the above is helpful to you.

Please click "ACCEPT" or if you need more information "REPLY"

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you very much for the information.

Pat Wells

Expert:  ask_me replied 7 years ago.
No problem! I hope it helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where do I find that video after I purchase the emitter board? I seem to have lost it already. Thanks!