Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

Can you breed a brother and sister dwarf hamster And What

Customer Question

Can you breed a brother and sister dwarf hamster? And What is the room heat to get boys and girl dwarf hamsters? Please Reply fast!!!
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the questionCustomer

Here is your fast answer :

1. It is always a very bad idea to breed closely related animals of any species as there would be a higher than normal incidence of congenital defects, this applies to hamsters as well.

2. Hamster do just fine at normal room temperature, if it is comfortable for you it will be Ok for them but you should provide warm bedding for them.

If my answer is helpful to you please click Accept as this the only way I am paid for my work. If on the other hand I have not fully answered your question or you would like ask more I will be online for the next hour or so and I will be at your disposal.

Scott Nimmo BVMS