Animal Eyes
Animal Eyes, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  25 years as a vet tech, 15 years working with exotics, pocket pets, birds and reptiles

My rabbit is in shock because of fear. he is lying down limp

Customer Question

My rabbit is in shock because of fear. he is lying down limp and his breathing is labored. what should I so? There is no clinic around wiht a rabbot expert
Category: Pet
Expert:  Animal Eyes replied 7 years ago.
The best thing that you can do for him now is to keep him quiet and warm. If you can put him in a box with hay and water and cover it with a towel, this will help to calm him. Also if you have a reflector lamp with a small wattage bulb you can place that next to the box to supply extra heat. One other thing that you can do is to place a rag with a camamille scent on it to help calm him. These are about all that you can do for him at home. If there is an emergency clinic open you might try calling them and see if they can contact a different clinic for information so they might be able to treat him. For now it is important to keep him calm and quiet.