Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish

i found my pet rabbit dead last night in his cage, he hasn;t

Customer Question

i found my pet rabbit dead last night in his cage, he hasn;t been sick but he escaped 2 days ago, do u think that could of caused it?
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 7 years ago.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Rabbit. Not knowing where the Rabbit had been or what he may have eaten, It is very well a possibility he may have gotten into a toxic substance. This is very common since may people use fertilizers as well as insecticides on the plants and grasses that he may have ingested while gone. A Toxin can take some time to work as it goes through the system. It may be wise to have your girl in for a check up to be sure there is nothing that you need to address. I would like to share the Rainbow Bridge with you. It is a place I visit when loosing a furbaby. Joan