Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.

my duaghters guinea pig has had really red ears for the last

my duaghters guinea pig has had really red ears for the last couple of days, they are usually a very pale pink. She seems well and very lively, shes eating and drinking normally. Just wondered if this was anything to worry about
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 8 years ago.

Guinea pigs' ears tend to get redder when the guinea pig is excited about something or is too warm. Most of the time, it's nothing to worry about. However, a fever can cause the ears to be red, too. If fever is present, other symptoms are likely to show up shortly. Keep an eye out for discharge from the nose or eyes, lethargy, or loss of appetite. If no other symptoms appear, you probably have nothing to worry about. If you have more questions about this, just let me know by clicking on REPLY.