Theresa, Voice for your pet
Experience:  Veterinary Technician for 15 years

What does a ALP of 532 on a blood panel test mean for ...

What does a ALP of 532 on a blood panel test mean for my dog. The reference range was 10-84. Her Albumin was also high 4.2 and the Alb/Glob Ratio (1.4) and the ALT (136) Her platelet count was 552 (ref range of 200-500).   Plus for T4 and RIA it was o.2 (thyroid). The vet put her on Soloxine .3mg at 1/2 tablet twice a day.

The ALT is a liver enzyme and can be elevated with stress, injury, or in many cases is elevated in conjunction with hypothyroidism. This is a very common finding in hypothyroid dogs. I am not concerned at all about the platelets being slightly elevated. The albumin being elevated and the platelets slightly elevated point toward mild dehydration.

I would suggest rechecking her liver values in 1 month after she is being treated for the thyroid condition to see if there has been an increase or decrease.

Please let me know if further assistance is needed.