Jane Lefler, Behaviorist, Breeder, See Qual.
Experience:  18+ years Breeding Experience, Former vol. Vet Assistant, Dog Behaviorist

my dog is in pain when getting up but when she,s up ...

my dog is in pain when getting up but when she,s up she''s up she''s fine
Category: Pet
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 8 years ago.
Hi Andy,

I suspect your girl has hip dysplasia and/or arthritis. You might want to try glucosamine chondroitin (a supplement) and see if that helps her along with deramaxx. You can read about this here:

Buffered aspirin can be given to a dog with a dosage of up to 5-10 mg per pound every 12 hours for pain. Keep in mind that a dog's body does not metabolize aspirin in the same way as a human and thus should not be given more than a day or two without contacting your Vet. Read side effects and precautions here.

Aspirin can not be used full time so you will need to see the vet and ask about deramaxx for your girl. I hope this information is helpful to you.