Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.

My ferret as low energey,has been crying and drooling alot

My ferret as low energey,has been crying and drooling alot? What can I do for him?
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 8 years ago.

Your ferret will need to see a vet. He has two symptoms of insulinoma, a form of pancreatic cancer that ferrets are prone to. Both the lack of energy and the drooling are common signs of this illness. This form of cancer in ferrets is treatable, and with treatment, affected ferrets often live for several more years. You can read more here:

If this is what your ferret has, it will lead to seizures, coma, and death if you don't do anything about it. At the above link, you can read more about the disease, its symptoms, treatment, and the special dietary concerns that accompany it.

It's important that your ferret see a vet soon. This link will take you to a directory of ferret vets:

If you have further questions, just let me know by clicking on REPLY. I hope your ferret will be fine.

(If you find my answer helpful, please click on ACCEPT. Thank you.)