Patricia
Patricia, Parrot Consultant
Experience:  Published author, free lance bird behaviorist, adviser to the parrots at Sarasota Jungle Gardens.
1035247

Can you buy a pygmy rabbit in the U.S

Customer Question

Are pygmy rabbits for sale?
Category: Pet
Expert:  Patricia replied 9 years ago.
Hello. You are not going to find any true Pygmy Rabbits for sale. They are on the edge of extinction and the approximately 50 remaining rabbits known, are in private breeding programs, attemtping to save the species. There is no way you would get your hands on one of them, at any price. Here is some more information about this. Click here: Pygmy Rabbit There are Dwarf rabbits readily available. Here is a link to some pictures of these little cuties. Click here: dwarf rabbits - Google Image Search If you decide you want one of these, I suggest you try to locate a reputable breeder and stay away from the pet stores, just as we should avoid stores like that for the purchase of any animal. You can go to google.com, put in dwarf rabbit breeders, and probaly find several within driving distance of where ever you are. You can also call your local vets to ask if they know of any breeders they can recommend. I hope this helps you out but if you have any more questions, just let me know. Patricia