Animal Eyes
Animal Eyes, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  25 years as a vet tech, 15 years working with exotics, pocket pets, birds and reptiles
1527314

How can I keep ducks off of my dock Or at least keep them ...

How can I keep ducks off of my dock? Or at least keep them from pooping on the dock.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Animal Eyes replied 9 years ago.
Ducks can be difficult to keep away from things. What you can try to do is place plastic owls on the dock on hangers to make them move. This may keep the ducks away since they recognize owls as predators. There are some that are made that have motion detectors in them so they will activate when something comes onto the dock. Another option would be to place fencing around the dock to stop them from getting on it.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Animal Eyes's Post: Both of your suggestions have merit. However, both would also interfere with people boarding or leaving boats tied to the dock. Is there any kind of a spray that I might put on the dock.
There isn't one at this time but you may want to look into another option. You might see if there is a way to hook up a compressed air system that would give out bursts of air when something moves into the range of its sensors. I don't know if this is possible but it could keep the ducks at bay with the surprise. If you do try this I would recommend that you let the people using the dock know so they don't get surprised. It shouldn't interfere with the activity on the dock.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Animal Eyes's Post: Sorry, I don't think that is too practical or economic./
Here is a website that may be of help. It gives you some other options to try. I hope it helps. Good luck.

http://www.wikihow.com/Keep-Geese-off-Your-Boat-Dock,-Patio,-or-Any-Other-Area