Tammy, Consultant/Horse, Many other Pets.
Experience:  40+ years Horse and Rider Certified Instructor, Owner of 52 horse show boarding facility for 20+ yea

are equine strangles contagious to humans

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Pet
Expert:  Tammy replied 9 years ago.

Thank you for sending your question to Just Answer!

Equine Strangles is not contagious to humans, however if you are treating a horse with strangles you can carry it to another horse if you are not careful and thoroughly wash your hands, etc. with a good antibacterial soap before working with another horse.

As you probably already know, it is also a good idea to keep this horse isolated from any other horses, mules, donkeys, etc.

Good luck with your horse! With good care and treatment, even though your horse is young you have a very good chance of your horse recovering after a few weeks.

I hope this helps. If you need further information, please feel free to contact me. Al;so, if you ever need help with your "horse related" training issues, I can also be of assistance. Send your question to Just Answer and ask for me: Just Ask Tammy.

***If this answer was helpful, please go ahead and click ACCEPT so I may receive credit for answering your question. A BONUS and FEEDBACK are also welcome too! Thank you, Tammy (JustAskTammy)***