Ask TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO Your Own Qu...
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO, YOUR TROPICAL FISH RESOURCE
Experience:  OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE W/TROPICAL FISH---BREEDING, MAINTAINING, CURING
1568960

Why is my fish swimming on its side How can I help

No Comment Added
Category: Pet
Expert:  TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO replied 10 years ago.
Good evening. Your fish is suffering from a condition known as Swim Bladder Disorder. The swim bladder is an organ used by a fish to keep its balance. This condition is not caused by a parasite but by a blockage or inflammation of the swim bladder. The best thing to do is first change 25% of the water, fast the fish for 3 days and then feed thawed frozen peas without the husk.
The peas will help clear out the fish's digestive tract. Just feed twice a day, 1 pea per feeding.
Keep in mind that the longer the fish has had this the more difficult it is to cure. Best of luck.