Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate

how much does it cost to clip your doggs ears and how much for shots

Customer Question

how much to clip dog ear and shots
Submitted: 10 years ago via
Category: Pet
Expert:  Terri replied 10 years ago.

It depends on where you live, where you take the dog etc.

Usually vaccines are around $30.

If you're able to give the dog shots yourself you can order them online.

If your dog is new you should probably take it to a vet for the first check up, alot of vets will give you the shots for free with the first exam. However be prepared to pay around $70 for the exam.

The humane society gives shots at a very low cost and sometimes even free depending on your needs and income. There are people who donate money to the humane society for pet vaccines.

To clip the dogs ears if your talking about cutting the ear itself with anesthesia it will run about $100-$149 again depending on where you take it.

If your talking about clipping the hair on your dog's ears, thats part of grooming costs. It costs me $35.00 to have mine groomed.

The best thing to do is to call around to vets and vet clinics and get quotes.

Did this help answer your question? If not I can get you quotes specific to your area if you want to give me your address and zipcode. If so please accept my answer and leave feedback. Thank-you