ZooCVT
ZooCVT, Certified Veterinary Technician
Experience:  25+ years of experience w/ sm. animal, fish, exotics, orthopedics, ophthalmology and zoo medicine.
19786

my beagle has the shakes --tremors and i cant find ...

my beagle has the shakes --tremors and i can't find out why please help me if you can
Category: Pet
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 8 years ago.
WHen does she do this...all the time?? When sleeping?? Eating? How long has it been going on?? Aside from this, how is her health otherwise?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ZooCVT's Post: health is excellent---tremors happen anytime & last 20 minutes to half an hour
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 8 years ago.
Couple more questions...Is this more when she is sitting? At night?? After meals??
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ZooCVT's Post: makes no difference anytime day or night . tks for helping me
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 8 years ago.

I'm sorry for so many questions but it helps with figuring out whats going on...

Have you had a vet examine her for this? If so, was bloodwork done? Urine checked? X-rays?

What is her weight?...would you say she is normal, heavy or thin?

I think thats it on the questions.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ZooCVT's Post: her weight is normal and blood work was done last week but not for tremors, she licked a toad and got an infection is it possible that the shakes are caused from this infection
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 8 years ago.
Toads excrete toxins that can cause numerous issues and being your dog started having problems after coming in contact with the toad, I would be concerned that may be the cause.I would also have an ehrlichia (tick fever)test run because thats another thing that can cause temors. I would try video taping her tremors so incase she doesn't do it when you are at your vet, they will be able to see what you are seeing. Unfortunately, many times you won't find the cause with things like tremors or seizures. What you hope for is they don't get worse or cause problems in their daily routine. Having your vet do more blood tests....mainly viral ones and see what they find.
ZooCVT, Certified Veterinary Technician
Experience: 25+ years of experience w/ sm. animal, fish, exotics, orthopedics, ophthalmology and zoo medicine.