Walter
Walter, Breeder
Experience:  Breeder and pet health consultant. Have spent a number of years with Behavior Training &health care.
997364

How often do zebra finches lay eggs

I am interested in breeding zebra finches. How often do they lay eggs?

Zebra Finches are one of the easies birds to breed simply introduce the male to the female and nature will take it's course.

Eggs usually are laid at the rate of one per day. Incubation starts after the last egg is laid, and the eggs start hatching about thirteen days later. Zebra Finches can lay between one and eight eggs, but most nests have between two and five eggs on average. The female does most of the incubating but the male will also take his turn on the eggs to give the female a chance to stretch, eat, and drink.

I am including a link to a great site that can give you useful knowledge in breeding.

Please Click here

Walter