Joni, Certified Veterinary Technician
Experience:  20+ years at vet clinic-all aspects of care for all small pets, cats, dogs and wildlife rehab

How much does it usually cost to geld a horse And where is ...

How much does it usually cost to geld a horse? And where is the surgery performed at?

Optional Information:
Age: 2; Male; Breed: Friesian-Horse

Already Tried:

Category: Pet
Expert:  Joni replied 10 years ago.
You need to call around to your local vets to find this out as the cost varies from state to state and clinic to clinic. Are both of his testicles down where you can see them? If so, most vets will come to him and geld him. If he has one or both that are retained then he will need to be put under anesthesia which is much more costly and he will need to go to their clinic to have this done.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Both of his testicles are descended. I would most likely be using my barns regular vet. If they do it at the barn, do they use just a sedative?