Joann Canafax
Joann Canafax, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  Lots of hands on and much studying
143236

Sushis strang behavior

Customer Question

My dog has stopped eating. She is an 18 year old sh*tsu mix, has a history of pancreatitis and bladder stones. She has gradually been decreasing her food intake over the last two months and has gone from 13lbs down to 6.7lbs and is now refusing to eat at all. However, she is drinking an abundance of water and tonight she came in from the yard and voided her bladder on her eating mat. So far my Vet can't seem to find anything wrong with her.

Since this question was posted I managed to get her to eat about a cup of ground chicken with cooked carrots on Thursday. Friday, Saturday and Sunday she has vomited the same ground chicken undigested and hasn't eaten since. She is still drinking water. Can you please help?

I would offer more money, but I am retired on disability and funds are very limited.
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
REPLY TO WHAT? I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY MESSAGE CONTAINING A QUESTION OR ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM. WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
Expert:  Joann Canafax replied 11 years ago.
At this point I would try diffrent varieties of foods such as liver,cottage cheese,boiled chicken
boiled hamburger. Even baby food If she is getting weak I would suggest some pedialite it helps to keep from dehydration you can buy it at the grocery store. If she is having teeth pain that would take her appetite you could rub a little oragel on the gums. Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Joann Canafax's Post: Thank you for your answer, however, it comes too late and won't help at this point. She is in the hospital and vet is not hopefull she will live.
I am so sorry! I will pray for you and your Baby

It is better to let go than to let them suffer.
Your baby has lived a very long time in dog years
18 years is a very long time!I hope she will get better!
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Joann Canafax's Post: Thank you for your prayers - She is still critical it is day by day at this point.