Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts
Pancreatitis can be pretty serious if left untreated. It sounds like you are treating it, though, and that the dog is on the mend. If you are already under the care of a vet, you are headed in the right direction.
Let me know if you still have questions about this.
The body CAN'T take care of it and that's why you are seeing the problems that you are. The vet has probably restricted his food intake and has an iv drip in to keep the fluids up. This gives the pancreas time to heal.
Let me know if you still don't understand.
The body will eventually process all of these toxins and the fat that he ingested. The vet will probably withhold food and keep him on the drip until he is ready to come home.
I sounds like he is on the road to recovery.