Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts
When she has an accident, is it runny? Was there a food change?
okay, well let me give you my opinion.
1. No, I don't think the spay did anything...it can cause an underlying problem to manifest...but I doubt it caused something.
2. The anal glands are expressed when a dog defecates...if the stool is loose, the glands don't get expressed...and then they get full and irritated. So, I don't think the glands caused the diarrhea or poop problem...just the outcome.
3. The blood can come from straining...which is common with diarrhea, it also can come with general colitis.
4. Metronidazole helps slow the colon down, decrease inflammation and treat protozoan based colitis. So the lack of poop is a good thing for now.
5. I recommend remaining on the low residue food for a while, even if the diarrhea is absence.
Let me know if you have more questions.
If you wish to ACCEPT my responses you hit that button in the top right of this statement block.
Thanks and I hope things improve greatly.