Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience:  Not an active Expert
2456257

cat: my 10yr. old black..indoor..weakness in his back legs and paws

Customer Question

My 10yr. old black and white cat has always been an indoor cat...The life of Rily. He is showing weakness in his back legs and paws..Often times his back paw will fold in. It is as though he has no control of it. I notice he is unable to keep himself clean in the litter box and I blame this on it..He seems to have a healthy ravenous appetite, but he is thin. When i touch his back paws he does not seem to be in pain. He is drinking and eating good. When he tries to jump up on something he seemsm unsteady and to have difficulty in controling his stance, because of the weak back paws. I am very concerned!
Category: Pet
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

You should be very concerned about this.  This could be an indicator of diabetes, a back problem or another malady that comes with age.

You need to see your vet as soon as you can for a diagnosis and to discuss treatment options.

Cats are great at hiding their pain.  I am glad that you caught this while it still might be treatable.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post: It is true the cat needed a vet's help. I learned he dislocated in his back leg. Otherwise the Cat is healthy. He is eating and drinking and using his box. I did not think the answer was any help. I am sorry. I guess this type of question is not too good. It leaves only one anwswer to reply...GET HELP>
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

I am glad that you were able to see the vet!

And thanks for letting me know the outcome. 

You don't have to accept my answer.  Your deposit will remain in your account for future questions if you do not think my answer was worth anything.