ZooCVT
ZooCVT, Certified Veterinary Technician
Experience:  25+ years of experience w/ sm. animal, fish, exotics, orthopedics, ophthalmology and zoo medicine.
19786

bunny problem

Customer Question

bunny with growth on top of nose and looks like has infection around its nose
it looks like chunks around nose that wont just rub off
bunny doesnt act sick
what could this be, how could it have gotten it and is it serious
Category: Pet
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 11 years ago.
 How quickly did this come up? What color is it?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to ZooCVT's Post: bunny got infection around nose over about two week period but it is still there past two weeks. She is black with grey undertones so the stuff around her nose just looks like some of her fur but it is raised up like chunks and in some places looks alittle red but not obviously blood so I guess it is just irritated. It doesnt come off but bunny doesnt act sick. she also had a growth on top to the left of her nose that has gotten bigger then a half a centimeter diameter but it hasnt gone away yet. She also started sneezing within the last few days. Thank you for your help. I havent taken her to a vet yet because I cant afford the visit and then the medicine if she needs it too.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
same color as it's grey undertones and happened over about two weeks
Expert:  Dr. Vamvakias replied 11 years ago.

Hi, I have notified ZooCVT about your question that is pending. I hope she responds quickly...I am sorry you have had to wait.

Dr.Vamvakias

Expert:  ZooCVT replied 11 years ago.
 So sorry for the delay!.It sounds like a possible sore that has caked up with the fur. I would try first using warm water on a gauze sponge and moisten it uuntil it loosens up. If that doesn't work then it may be an abscess and that will require a vet visit. He will need to  be on antibiotics.