Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience:  Not an active Expert
2456257

lab husky mix: Acts..is barking continuosly, Also He was slobberry

Customer Question

I Have a 3 month old Lab Huskey mix pupppy and at this moment he is not responding to us as a pup would do. Acts as though he is lost. And is barking continuosly, Also He was slobberry when we first noticed that there is a problem. Can you help or Tell me what may be wrong?
Category: Pet
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

The first thing that comes to mind is that he has injested some sort of toxin.  Are you sure that he could not have eaten any poisons, antifreeze, etc?  If so, you need to seek an after hours vet immediately.

Another cause could be seizures.  When a dog has a seizure, they might drool a lot and seem disoriented.

You need to see a vet tomorrow if this has not cleared up by then.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience: Not an active Expert
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post: He is one of 5 pups left from a litter of 7 that I have. They are all in a kennel. I did get him to eat a few bites of dry food just before you answered, and afterwards he has lain down. He acts as if he may have a tummy ache. Panting a little. The other pups seem fine. I will still worry about him through the night though. I have lost pups several years ago to Parvo, but I know this is not the case. Just don't want it to be some other desease.I do love my animals!Anymore advice would help with new input. Thanks Tammy.
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 11 years ago.

It could also be toad poisoning...this happens quite often especially in wetter area's and the thing you notice first is salivation. It can result in hoigh temps...seizures and sometimes death. SHould it happen again take a garden hose and rinse his mouth out well then get him into a vet ASAP.