Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts
The first thing that comes to mind is that he has injested some sort of toxin. Are you sure that he could not have eaten any poisons, antifreeze, etc? If so, you need to seek an after hours vet immediately.
Another cause could be seizures. When a dog has a seizure, they might drool a lot and seem disoriented.
You need to see a vet tomorrow if this has not cleared up by then.
Let me know if you have more questions.
It could also be toad poisoning...this happens quite often especially in wetter area's and the thing you notice first is salivation. It can result in hoigh temps...seizures and sometimes death. SHould it happen again take a garden hose and rinse his mouth out well then get him into a vet ASAP.