Dr.  Vamvakias
Dr. Vamvakias, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal & Emergency Medicine
11348

Is laser procedure available for declawing of domestic cat?

Customer Question

Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Vamvakias replied 11 years ago.

Yes, I do them and you just need to call around to ask what vet in your area has the laser.

What information specifically are you requesting?

Dr.V

Expert:  The Mystic Wave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

There are sound reasons why declawing is not a good idea one such factor is the animal not being able to defend itself...you may wish to review the site below for further information - of course, the choice is yours - 

Is Declawing Cruel? - CatStation

If one feels it necessary to protect their furniture or other type possessions from their cat, they may wish to consider alternatives such as a scratching post, or nail guards (Soft Paws) Alternatives to Declawing, Nail Caps for Cats

My best to you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Vamvakias's Post: I am looking for vet in my area.. ( central Florida) who uses laser for declawing and also interested in the cost
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to The Mystic Wave's Post: the answer you gave me was unacceptable! you said you do laser declawing , but you are in Kansas, not Florida and you certainly did not give ANY useful information!!! Please refund $5.00 charged to my credit card

Greetings:

I'm personally in California - and I never said that I do laser declawing (I'm not a vet)....

I'm terribly sorry that my post misled you and upset you so-

I am an animal activist and shared information as to why declawing was not a good idea - but knowingly, everyone has a right to their choice which I stated. 

Please know that another will be more than happy to assist you in locating a vet who does perform laser declawing.

If you wish, please state the city in Florida you reside so that another can find a clinic nearby?

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Jane,

I am in Kansas and said I do them...therefore any questions you have I feel experienced to answer.

TheMysticWave never implied she performed this surgery, as she mentions she is an animal advocate and was sharing her opinion with you.

Now as far as the surgeons in Florida...the laser I use is an Accuvet Laser. If you go to www.accuvet.com they describe the procedure as well as having a websearch for your area that has this laser.  If you don't find someone close, then you need to call because there are other types of lasers.

Good luck,

Dr.V