Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

6 month Bernese not eating

Customer Question

My 6 month old Bernese will not eat today . My husband is away and I do not know if is because misses him or it is somthing else . She ate a little earlier but threw it up but I put tuna in with her food to intice her to eat because she was not . She looks fine and is lying on my husbands sweat pants . She has been whining a little bit but is not panting or pacing .She usualy will eat anything .
Category: Pet
Expert:  Nick Sparks replied 11 years ago.
Has she been vaccinated against parvo virus? (Three shots
is standard.)

Does she have diarrhea?

Any sign of a fever? (Feel her head and belly to see if she
feels hotter than usual.)
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Nick Sparks's Post: She did not have diarrhea this morning .She has had her parvo vaccines. her head feels a little warm . Not hot though .She just threw up again . Nothing really left though . Could it be me changing her dog food and putting the juice from the tuna can in it ? Could it be bloat ?
Expert:  Dr. Vamvakias replied 11 years ago.

Bloat is when they are not vomiting.  If you are concerned of fever, take a rectal temp it should be between 100-102 F. Changing food before the clinical signs could be the cause...the tuna probably has just made it alittle worse.  Is there anything she could have gotten into, garbage? catbox?

Dr.V

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Vamvakias's Post: Thank you for replying !
I took her to the vets they took her temp and gave her some shots for an upset stomach . She is eating rice and baby food for the next few days then I will start to mix in the food. She could have eaten somthing outside I am not sure . Sheseems to be doing better .

I am glad you took her in...after seeing your question, when they slow down like that it could be mild or major...and it looks the same!

Glad she seems better!

Dr.V