Oliver’s Mom
Oliver’s Mom, Prof Trainer & Behavior Counselor
Experience:  20 yrs Trainer/Behavior/Rescue focus:dog/cat-human relationships;dog/cat behavior modification metho
56888

My 4 yr old Mini Pin drinks a lot of water, then throws..losing weight

Customer Question

My 4 yr old Mini Pin drinks a lot of water, then throws up. He has always been pudgy, but he’s losing weight, and wants to be by himself. When I pick him up, he whines like he’s aching. I afraid of what I’m going to hear, I think the drinking more water than usual is the big hint, and the noticeable weight loss. Can you give me a clue? Also, he doesn't want treats or food
Category: Pet
Expert:  Oliver’s Mom replied 11 years ago.

It could be diabetes however there are other illnesses that may have those symptoms.  I really recommend making a vet appt for testing to see what's going on. DON'T be afraid!  He's young and catching any illness in the beginning is key.  Vet med has come a long way and you may find treatment to be as simple as a daily pill!

I wish you the best - please let me know if you have further questions!

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Oliver’s Mom's Post: Babe died last Monday. I took him to the emergency vet clinic and they said "oh it's just diabetes, we'll give him fluids and nourishment and antibiotics and then some insulin, you can come get him in the morning. I went the next morning at 4 am and they said, "oh, he just died 10 minutes ago. He's still warm, you want to see him? They had misdiagnosed him. He had a serious fatal disease of the pancreas. I thought I was going to take him home. Well, I did, in a cardboard box. Thanks anyway
 I am so very sorry for your loss and the rude way you were treated.  My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time you are going through.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Oliver’s Mom's Post: You have no idea how difficult. In 2000 I lost my 28 year old daughter to a drunk driver. In June 2001 I had a brain aneurysm and brain surgery. In 2002 my husband died of cancer, and my house burned In 2003 I had cancer and surgury, Now in 2004 I lose my little pudgebuttons who stood by me through it all. And you guys are worried about a small thing like $5.00? Now I have a 27 year old son in Irag being shot at and pursued by car bombers. I hope you enjoy the $5.00. It came out of my petfood fund.
 You do NOT have to accept the replies and spend $5!  I would not expect OR want you to under these circumstances.  Again, I am very sorry for what you are going through and I truly hope the new year brings peace and well being to you and those around you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The dog died, thanks for nothin