Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have a bearded dragon. He is around 8 years old. Recently

Customer Question

I have a bearded dragon. He is around 8 years old. Recently he started getting sand built up around his mouth and some on his left eye, I clean if off but it always comes back. He is eating good still
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dragon's name?
Customer: Melvin
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Melvin?
Customer: He is a picky eater, doesn't like veggies and only eats super worms. I have a calcium spray that I use
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I' a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear that Melvin has developed a problem. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.Does the sand seem to be caked on with saliva?Have you noticed any discharge from his eye?Thank you.