Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I just got 2 anoles and one of them at the pet shop lost its

Customer Question

I just got 2 anoles and one of them at the pet shop lost its tail l. I got them 3 days ago the one that lost its tail will sometimes turn orangish and then I'll leave the room and it's back to green and will stay that way for awhile it sometimes turn orangis brownish but then will change back after less than 20 minutes should I be worried. Also at night if I cut off the light one will turn brown while the other one green but if I keep it on one will turn green while the other one brown
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years and have worked with reptiles over 40 years.

Do you have a UVB light as well as a basking light?

Do you mist the anoles?

Do you use any supplements on the prey?

What are your temps>

Joan