Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My chameleon is dehydrated and I don't know why. He is not

Customer Question

My chameleon is dehydrated and I don't know why. He is not moving and he has sunken eyes.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. It could be an infection. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the chameleon's name and age?
Customer: He's almost a year old and his name is chameleo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about chameleo?
Customer: He's not eating or at least won't bite down on the worm that we give him. We also try and give him water every time he opens his mouth. He does a lot of large breaths and then sometimes hold his mouth open for a couple seconds. I don't want to pick him up or force feed him because I don't want to give him stress
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and Reptile rescue.

Can you tell me about the enclosure?

UVB light linear tube or compact coil, age and brand?

Basking light?

Do you have an auto mister?

Is the chameleon on the bottom of the enclosure or on a branch?

Joan