Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My blue tongue skink is bleeding from the vent area,it looks

Customer Question

My blue tongue skink is bleeding from the vent area,it looks to be a prolapse of some kind. He's kept on bedding and is the only one in the enclosure
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the skink?
Customer: It looks to be fresh. No nothing else
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptile sand Reptile rescue.

Could you please post a Picture of the area and I will be happy to assist you. I can give you first aid until the Blue Tongue can be seen hands on.

If you would please tell me what region of Canada you live in I would also like to locate a Herp Vet for you who can treat a prolapse.

Joan