Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I think he has a touch of MBD. We have him under both UVB

Customer Question

I think he has a touch of MBD. We have him under both UVB and UVA lights in a reptile condo and quite spoiled. We run a rescue, so we're very good at dragon care, but he seems to have gotten it anyway, I noticed his bone structure around his nose changed a bit like other dragons we have taken in that already had mbd. But now he seems like he's also sick. He isn't eating, so I made a slurry for him that I've been syringe feeding him and I heated up his tank warmer than usual. But just now while on his half log, he arched his head and front legs back while making this awful gasping sound. It was horrible.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wounds. He's definitely sick. He's been dark bearding, which he never does. It sounds like he has a respiratory issue. I've started giving him some Colloidal silver.
JA: What is the head's name and age?
Customer: Do you think he needs antibiotics? He smells a little funny, too. His name is***** 4 years old.
JA: I'm sorry that Apollo is feeling poorly. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Apollo?
Customer: His feces smells wrong. He smells sick.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He makes these wheezy gasping noises. He did it just now when I returned him to his tank under his lights.
Expert:  Joan replied 13 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years and have worked with Dragons over 40 years,

Can you tell me how old the UVB bulb is?

Substrate being used?

Temps in basking area, ambient temps and cool side?

A Picture of the snout would be helpful.

Diet Prey/Veggies?

Joan