Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have an adult bearded dragon. Recently, he has been

Customer Question

I have an adult bearded dragon. Recently, he has been shedding on his belly and his sides. For about 2 days, his left eye is swollen completely shut and he refuses to eat. His behavior is very lethargic and he tends to remain under his hide most of the day. I have been trying a warm compress over his eye to hopefully elevate eye problem. Help :(
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Here is a photo of his eye!
Expert:  Anna replied 23 days ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear your dragon is having some problems. Thank you for including a picture. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.What substrate do you use on the cage floor?What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?Is your UVB light a coil/spiral type or a straight tube? How old is the bulb?What do you normally feed? Any supplements?Is there discharge from the eye?Thank you.