Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 40+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

I have a eastern water dragon, i am in australia, he has

Customer Question

Hi, i have a eastern water dragon, i am in australia, he has been diagnosed with respitiratory infection, tonight he started expelling liquid from his mouth just wondering if thats normal or not? i have a vet i can take him to mind you ity is almost 2.30am here but would rather take him back to the one who has already seen him. any advice would be dreat thanks *great
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dragon can pick up. I'll have you talk to the veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dragon's name?
Customer: Bandy
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Bandy?
Customer: the vet he seen has prescribed fortum injections every 3 days for 3 weel=ks
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles.

This sound like he has Pneumonia. Not much you can do at home, other than raise the temps about 5*. This will require Antibiotics and most likely an oxygen tent as well as some other medication to help open the breathing passages. Since it is 2:30am, this is a tough choice to make. The sooner he has some treatment the better it is, but if he is stretching his neck to breathe and in distress, I would get him in asap and not wait until morning. I would make sure in transport to keep him warm and dark so he is not stressed. Please hit reply for questions on this information.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

Did you have any other concerns? Bandy may need a Bronchodialortor and the Oxygen right now to help with the breathing. If I have addressed all your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars so I can be compensated for my time and answers.

Joan