Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

African sideneck turtle not eating. Is fine otherwise.

Customer Question

African sideneck turtle not eating. Is fine otherwise. Active, tank at 80 degrees
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the turtle's name and age?
Customer: Oogiwa is his name and not sure of age.
JA: How old is name?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: How old is his name?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about name?
Customer: nothing about his name. It's pronounced OOG-way
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 23 days ago.
Hello and welcome. I apologize for the confusion caused by the virtual assistant in your first exchange. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear that Oogiwa is having a problem. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.What part of the tank is at 80*F - the basking area, the water, etc.?What do you normally feed him? Any supplements?Do you have a UVB light? If so, what brand and how old s the bulb?Is Oogiwa passing normal droppings?Thank you.
Expert:  Anna replied 20 days ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Anna