Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

Just came home from school and found my rescued beardie

Customer Question

just came home from school and found my rescued beardie soaking in his water fountain
JA: Is the bear in any pain? Is it behaving differently?
Customer: not that i can tell. just been spending time sleeping during the day and getting active at night
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help the bear.
Customer: okay. thanks
JA: Have there been any changes in the bear's appearance or diet?
Customer: i don't think he was getting a very regular balanced diet before i rescued him. but i've been feeding him a mix of fruits, the National geographic adult beardie food pellets, and a few superworms.
JA: Is there anything else you think the vet should know?
Customer: he's about 5-6 years old and i've only had him for about 3 weeks. he seemed like he was getting better and more energetic according to the mom of the old owner whose a good friend.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 5 months ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.

What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?

Has the beardie been passing normal droppings?

What brand of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb?

What substrate do you use on the cage floor?

Does he get a calcium supplement?

Thank you.