Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My bearded dragon started showing signs of MBD on Tuesday...

Customer Question

My bearded dragon started showing signs of MBD on Tuesday... she can hardly walk now... NO herp vets in my area
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I took her to a general vet on Tuesday who said it was MBD and I argued that I was doing everything right. BUT, I did recently change her basking light because I thought the 100w was too hot
JA: What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: Wizard, and I got her from PETSMART on Aug 3
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Wizard,?
Customer: She had started curling her toes up, and I thought it was cute... now I read it is the early sign of MBD.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 26 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Let's discuss husbandry some. It's been my experience that Petsmart tends to miseducate new adoptive owners quite frequently.

1) Can you give me specifics on each type of bulb that you are using?
2) Tell me about her diet, insects and veggies/fruits, as well as any supplements you are using. How often for each? Be as specific as possible.
3) Are you seeing any twitching in the toes or legs?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I found a vet. Thank you.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 25 days ago.

Excellent. Good luck!