Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My lizard clearly has an eye infection that has closed one

Customer Question

my lizard clearly has an eye infection that has closed one eye.. I see the eye ball moving but hes very lethargic and not eating.. I have given him a warm bath and wrapped him in a towel and held him last night .. he seemed okay .. just still very lethargic. I have been reading about removing the sand from his cage.. so that's my next step.. he also seems to be breathing heavily at times.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help your lizard. What is the lizard's name and age?
Customer: Rex and he's about three
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Rex?
Customer: I don't thik he's pooped in over a week
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear that Rex is so ill. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.What kind of lizard is he?What do you feed him? Any supplements?What temperatures do you make nation under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?What brand of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb? (This question doesn't apply if he's a gecko).Thank you.