Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.

My breadie is pretty old about 12 years. She sometime has

Customer Question

My breadie is pretty old about 12 years. She sometime has spots of blood but no blood in the stool is that normal?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the reptile's name?
Customer: Ra, after the Sun God. When we first got her my husband and I were told that she was a male. Then one day she laid 21 unferilized eggs.
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Ra. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ra?
Customer: No she eats normally, greens and freeze dried grasshoppers. She doesnt want to run after her prey any more. I think it has to do with the fact that she getting up there in age. But other than a little spotting here and there she seems fine.
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 2 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years and working with Dragon for 40 years.

Ra is a very old Dragon and you have done well with her. The spotting of blood is not normal, but at this age I would not have her poked and prodded, since that stress may be too much on her. As far as the dried rgasshopper they are not the best for an older Dragon. I would consider some Phoenix works or silk worms for a diet at this time. The are more digestible for her. I honestly would aloow her to live out her years as long as she is eating well and seems fine in all other ways. The normal life span is 10-12 years, so she is doing great. Please let me know if you have any qustions about this information.

Expert:  Joan replied 3 hours ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?