Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

I want to know if there is a category II Veterinarian can

Customer Question

I want to know if there is a category II Veterinarian can check soft shell turtles to export out from LA to Asian country. And also I would like to have someone can check Weather Loahes to import from Asian country to LA. Thanks.
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

As long as the animals you are wanting to import and export form the USA are approved to be here (coming or going), there should be no issue having them approved. However, I only find ONE veterinarian in the state approved to do export evaluations and below you will find his info.

Todd D. Carnes

P:(###) ###-####F:(###) ###-####/p>***@******.***

10365 Old Placerville Road, Suite 210, Sacramento, CA 95827

From what I can find, it is legal to import Misurnus anguillicaudatus as well.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 day ago.

Checking in, JA Customer. Did you find what you needed for the import/export question you had?