Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.

My daughters red ear slider turtle threw liver like blotches

Customer Question

my daughters red ear slider turtle threw liver like blotches through her behind, is that bad
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the slid's name and age?
Customer: franklin and 9 yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about franklin?
Customer: about going on a week + no appertain
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 18 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

Can you post a picture of what you are seeing?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i have sent you what came out
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
is this bad
Expert:  Joan replied 18 days ago.

Thank-you. Franklin needs to see a Herp Vet those pieces look like part of the intestinal tract or the Hemipenis. In a situation like this please take the pieces and place in a Baggie and take with Franklin to the Herp Vet for analysis. Since I cannot examine him. We usually see this time of fleshy pieces when their is a prolapse. In this case the prolapse looks like it separated from Franklin. This needs a hand on evaluation by a Vet familiar with turtles. I can locate some Herp Vets for you with a State. I feel it is imperative that Franklin be seen asap.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
the only vet that is closest to us is about 42 miles away and 24hrs and vet to see franklin will be in tomorrow
Expert:  Joan replied 18 days ago.

If you supply a State I have a list of Herp Vets who specialize in Reptiles. He should be seen tomorrow if possible. If you supply the state I can try and locate some closer to you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
los fresnos, texas
Expert:  Joan replied 18 days ago.

I am hoping one of the Vets on this list is closer for you to have Franklin seen:

I am concerned about sepsis in seeing the flesh that was passed, and I hope you will follow up with me to let me know what the Vet says after being seen.

My goal is to give you accurate information, excellent service, and to earn a 5 star rating.

Expert:  Joan replied 18 days ago.

I would like to add make sure to refrigerate the pieces in a plastic baggie. Do not freeze. I am sure the Vet will want to examine it as well as Franklin.

Expert:  Joan replied 17 days ago.

I am checking in to see if you have had the turtle seen today. Please let me know what the result of the visit was.

Expert:  Joan replied 14 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?