Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My bearded hasn't gone to the bathroom in about 4 to 5 days.

Customer Question

My bearded hasn't gone to the bathroom in about 4 to 5 days. She was carrying eggs, reassured them and got a fluid infection. Gave her 5 antibiotic shots per vet, and she hasn't gone to the bathroom since. She's eating but not going? Any help?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the reptile can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the reptile's name?
Customer: Layla
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Layla?
Customer: No, that's about it. She's a rescue dragon, she was fine until she starting producing eggs, then she reads or bed them and is acting different. She's alert, runs around the house but hasn't used the restroom yet.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue. Please give me a min to look through the information and I will have some questions fir you to best be able to assist.

Joan

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, I've soaked her in the bath 2 days in a row, nothing.
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

Can you tell me about the set up?

Substrate?

Age?

Diet Prey/Veggies?

Supplements?

Temps in the basking area, ambient temps and cool side?

Was she egg bound when you took her to the Vet?

Did they give Oxtocyn?

what antibiotic are you giving?

Joan