Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.

I have a 6 to 7 month old Iguana, He loves shredded

Customer Question

I have a 6 to 7 month old Green Iguana, He loves shredded cucumber, but I think he get bloated from them, should I be feeding him this? I also give him Romaine lettuces, shredded carrots, and quite a few other things
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the iguana?
Customer: is it okay to feed him the cucumbers?
JA: Where does the iguana seem to hurt?
Customer: He's not hurt
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the iguana's name?
Customer: Loki
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Loki?
Customer: just that he gets bloated from the cucumbers and seems like he has a tummy ache.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 18 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile rescue.

Cucumber is ok in small increments. It has a lot of water in and good for hydration, but can definitely bloat Loki. I will give you a link for foods that are good and onces you have to be cautious with:

A good dietary assortment is excellent, but Moderation is the Key to a Healthy Iguana. Please let me know if you have further questions about this information.

Expert:  Joan replied 12 days ago.

I am checking in on your Iguana to see how your Iguana is doing and if the information supplied helped.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Hello Joan,
I am Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, my life is a bit chaotic but getting better every day. I will check the link out, I took him with me to a Farmers Market and one of the vendors allowed me try a few different greens for me. We discovered he loves Celetro.
Thank you for checking on us. If I had other questions can I request you? and do you actually treat Reptiles?
Jolene & Loki
Expert:  Joan replied 1 day ago.

I have actually worked with Reptiles for about 40 years and have worked in Practices with some excellent Herpetologists.. It is amazing what veggies these guys will try. Mine love hibiscus flowers and leaves as well as dandelions. Excllent foods. You are welcome to request me if you need help. If I have addressed your concerns please take a momet to rate my service on this questions so I can be compensated for my answers by the site.