Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

My friend has a bearded dragon that held today. I noticed

Customer Question

Hello, my friend has a bearded dragon that held today. I noticed that ectoderm (clear part of the eye) was popping out a good amount more than the other. Looks similar to Betta fish getting pop eye. I was looking up info and found things based on to much or to little vitA. She does add these vitamin things to the veggies. The dragon is 8. From what I have seen with fish, I know it completely different, but the clear part of the eye or whole eye can bulge from sinus infection. Wanted to know your thoughts, I have 2 dragons myself and would like to know. I believe so is going to get hers checked out
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dragon can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dragon's name?
Customer: I do not know, I was looking for info to pass along. To encourage her to get the dragon looked at
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dragon?
Customer: Just the clear part of the eye stuck out more than the other. If it is an issue, it looks like it's in the early stages and could be treated and fixed fast.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 21 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years and have worked with Dragons over 40 years.

In order to best assist you I do need to ask some questions on Husbandry and Diet.

Can you tell me about the diet Prey/Veggie types?

UVB bulb linear tube or compact coil, strength, age of bulb, and brand?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I am getting that info and will send ASAP. Hopefully tongiht but will for sure by tomorrow. Not sure if they will get back to me tonight.
Expert:  Joan replied 21 days ago.

I will be on until about 12est and back on tomorrow. I will look for the information, but we are preparing for the Hurricane, so please be patient with me and my answer.